- Fuxing Park - game and medical testing! There were traditional games and yes, medical testing for the elderly, at the same time!
- Walked around - went the wrong way, turned around. Went into a "coffee shop" - at least that's what it said on the outside - turned out to be a men-only gambling joint and we were shooed out the door quickly.
- Got into a taxi after some time of aimless wandering and headed to Jin Mao tower. 88th floor observatory. Beautiful! Had lunch on 56th floor. Connie and I talked and talked and talked!
- Headed out to Shanghai Teng at Xintiandi for shopping. Saw Din Tai Fung (a favorite dimsum restaurant in Seoul)
- After some time, headed to Nanching Road. CRAZY! Very Shanghai-ish. Tons of people, place, stores...nothing was cheap though. Wish we had stayed there longer to explore more. But had a dinner appt with Gustaf and friends. I actually felt like I was in China at Nanching Road - up until then, I would never have said that China was the most populated country in the world!
- 18 on the Bund - walked from 3 to 18...it was a long, but nice walk. Had Rose tea and mousse cake at Cafe Sibilla - YUM!
|Xin Tain Di shopping plaza
|Din Tai Fung!
I should have had dim sum here, dammit!
It sure was crowded though! It totally overwhelmed us...we finally got the feeling of being in China!
|Buildings surrounding Nanjing Road
|Rose Garden tea at 18 On The Bund
Cafe Sibilla has great mousse cake too!
81 pictures from just my first day in Shanghai!
Sunday was my favorite day though - exploring by myself at the local antique market! Coming soon!!