On Thursday, October 5th, we took the girls to Lotte World
, an amusement park here in Seoul. It is about 1/2 hour from our house by subway. And almost all of it is indoors, which is great because we can see ourselves coming here during the winter. We think that the next time we go, we'll get the year pass, since it is so close to our place. Take the kids there for a few hours on the weekends would make it totally worth it. Connected to the amusement park is a huge mall, an ice rink, bowling alley and a huge swimming pool (which I have no idea where it is since we never saw it!).
Anyway, on Thursday, we got there around noon and stayed to about 9pm. Highlights of the day:
- This was Nadia's first visit to an amusement park at an age where she would actually enjoy it.
- Maya wanted to try all the thrill rides.
- Maya got terrified at The Conquistador, but loved The Flume
- Nadia is a little thrill seeker - she loved the kiddy version of Freefall.
- She must have ridden it about 50 times.
- During the parade, they came to get kids to go and dance with them...Maya refused, but Nadia took off after them and joined in on the fun!
- Neither of them fell asleep on the way home - they were too wired and excited!
And yes, there are PICTURES!Page OnePage TwoPage Three
Tags: family, korean experiences, maya, nadia, new experiences, out and about, sightseeing
What I'm feeling: restless